This privacy statement covers the Chester Kitty Cat Rescue website, Facebook page, Twitter page and any other data that is held by Chester Kitty Cat Rescue for example paper or electronic records.
When you use this website you are agreeing to this statement.
We will process your personal data and information in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We will:
- only use your data to provide services and do what the law says we must
- keep your records safe and accurate
- only keep your data as long as we have to
- collect, store and use your data in a way that does not break any data protection laws.
Things you can do to help us:
- tell us when any of your details change
- tell us if any of the information we hold on you is wrong
For more information about data protection see the Information Commissioner’s (ICO) website.
- Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you have any queries about Data Protection Legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data
When you fill in a form, contact us, donate online, or interact with us in any other way, we will collect the following types of information depending on the service that you have accessed.
- Information about you, this could include your name, address, picture or date of birth.
- Information about your family (for adoption and fostering enquiries).
- Details about your lifestyle and social circumstances (for adoption or fostering enquiries).
- Financial details (processed by Paypal if you use our online donation option).
- The IP address that you accessed any of our online services from.
We will not usually need to collect sensitive information about you called special category data. Special category data is defined as:
- physical or mental health details
- racial or ethnic origin
- trade union membership
- political affiliation
- political opinions
- religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- biometric or genetic data
We collect your personal information to enable us to provide a range of cat rescue services to you. Some of these services include:
- Adoption, fostering and rehoming of cats and kittens
- Home checks in connection with the above
- Volunteering opportunities
- Assistance with trapping, neutering and return or rehoming (TNR) of feral cat colonies.
- Assistance with lost and found cats
When you access a service we will either rely on your consent or have a contract with you in the case of adoption, rehoming or fostering a cat or kitten.
We don’t make your personal details available to other companies for marketing purposes, but we may share some of your details with organisations that we use to help deliver services to you, including our vets (Vets4Pets Brook Lane and Chester Caldy) and Petlog who hold our microchip records. These providers have their own privacy policies to explain how they will keep your details safe and secure in order to provide a service to you.
Chester Kitty Cat Rescue volunteers
We share your data between volunteers for the purposes of carrying out home visits in order to register microchip details when you adopt a cat or kitten from us. This ensures that we can keep our information on you as up-to-date as possible and that we can improve our services to you. Volunteers can only see your data if they need it to carry out a specific job for Chester Kitty Cat Rescue.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances you also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for business purposes or if we are required to keep it by law.
Changes to this privacy notice